Last Updated: March 1, 2022
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service. While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you ("Personal Data"). Below, we describe how we handle your Personal Data and describe the information we may have collected, how it may be used, and the sources:
- Identifiers, which may include first and last name, address, Internet Protocol address, phone number, fax number, or email address. These are sourced directly from you or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on the Service). They are used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to respond to an inquiry, for service improvement, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to provide customer service, or marketing. For example, when you use our contact form, you provide your first name, last name, and address. We disclose identifiers for business purposes to internet service providers and administrative service providers.
- Personal Data categories contained in customer records, which may include name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other payment and financial information. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to respond to an inquiry, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. For example, we need your payment information when you purchase a membership. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Commercial information, which may include records of services purchased, obtained, considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Service, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to respond to inquiries, to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to provide customer service, or marketing. For example, we keep track of your purchases to create a purchase history. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as age or gender. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, marketing, or to provide relevant services. For example, we may use this information for targeted advertising. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity, which may include usage and browsing history; IP address; browser type; browser version; the pages of our Service that you visit; the time and date of your visit; the time spent on those pages; unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Service). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to improve our Service. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative service providers, data analytics providers, and internet service providers. Please see our Tracking and Cookies Data section below for more information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We source this information directly or indirectly from you, (e.g., from observing your actions on our Service). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information or for marketing. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
Tracking and Cookies Data
- Facebook Analytics. We also use Facebook Analytics to measure your use of our Service, tailor our Service to your interests, and improve our products and Service. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit www.networkadvertising.org to learn more. The Digital Advertising Alliance also has an opt-out tool available here. Note, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Sources of Data
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you enter information on our Service. For example, when you contact us, you provide your first name, last name, email, and phone number.
- Indirectly from you when you visit our Service. For example, our Service collects information through cookies when you visit our Service. Please see our Tracking and Cookies Data section above for more information.
- From service providers. For example, we may use service providers who retrieve publicly available information about you and we may combine it with Personal Data we have about you.
Use of Data
Dental Education Studios uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To present our Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with a product or service, such as allowing access to, or delivery of, our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order or transaction, or administering surveys or promotional programs.
- To provide you with special offers, promotions, surveys and, other information about products, events and services from us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, or non-affiliated third parties, such as sponsors.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns.
- To provide analysis so that we can improve the Service.
- To monitor the usage of the Service.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the data.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- For any other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
With Your Consent or As Otherwise Disclosed When you Provide the Information
We may share or disclose Personal Data if you ask, direct, or authorize us to do so. We may also share your Personal Data as disclosed to you when you provide the Personal Data.
Affiliates, Strategic Partners, Agents, Other Unaffiliated Parties
We may share or disclose Personal Data to our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, and other unaffiliated parties. For example, we may contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service that we believe you may be interested in.
Third Party Service Providers
We may engage third party service providers to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include fraud protection, Service evaluation, and data analysis. We provide Personal Data to these third party service providers, but we authorize them to use this information only in connection with the services they perform.
To Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates
Dental Education Studios may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Dental Education Studios.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- To protect the personal safety, rights, or property of users of the Service or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. You play a role in protecting your Personal Data as well. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Service or providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. We may post a notice via our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Links to Third Party and External Pages
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children, we take steps to delete that Personal Data.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data, and Opt-out
You may send us an email at email@example.com to correct any inaccuracies to any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
Record Retention Policy
We will maintain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected and in accordance with legal obligations, our record retention policy, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.